VISA FORMULA 1® ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2019 PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter this promotion and the prize to be won form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
3. Employees (including contractor staff) of the Promoter and their Immediate Families, and any of the Promoter's agencies, suppliers or contractors associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate Family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
4. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, but shall not be under any obligation, to verify the validity of any Entry or any information provided by an entrant (including his or her identity, age, residential address and any other information relevant to entry into, or participation in, this promotion). If the Promoter, in its sole discretion, carries out any verification, its decision shall be final and you agree not to make any claim or complaint in relation to the same. The Promotor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any individual who submits an Entry that in the sole opinion of the Promoter is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who provides false information, fails to provide information, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or who is otherwise involved in manipulating, interfering or tampering in any way with this promotion. You agree and acknowledge that the Promotor shall not be obliged to explain or disclose its reasons for disqualification, and that all disqualification decisions made by the Promotor shall be final and not subject to challenge or inquiry. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation are expressly and generally reserved.
5. This promotion commences at 2:00pm on 24 January 2019 and ends at 4:59pm on 22 February 2019 ("Promotional Period"). All times are AEST or AEDT, as applicable in New South Wales, Australia.
6. Entries must be received before the end of the Promotional Period. Entries are deemed to be made at the time of receipt by the Promoter, not the time of posting or transmission by you. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason (whether or not due to any negligence by the Promoter), including without limitation any technical errors, misdirection or misspellings.
How to Enter
7. To enter, individuals must, during the Promotional Period:
(a) visit https://visaentertainment.com.au/feature/f1-agp-2019;
(b) log in to your Visa Entertainment account;
(c) follow the prompts to the ticket purchase page; and
(d) input the requested details, and purchase any Grandstand or General Admission ticket to the Formula 1® Rolex Australian Grand Prix 2019.
8. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible Entries will be deemed invalid.
9. Multiple entries are permitted, provided each Entry is submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
10. Only one (1) Entry is permitted per eligible product purchased. Entrants must retain a copy of their purchase receipts for all Entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all Entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of all of an entrant's Entries and forfeiture of any right to the Prize.
Prize and Draw
11. There will be one (1) prize (the "Prize") to be won during the Promotional Period. The total prize pool value is AU$2,500.00.
12. The Prize includes an exclusive behind-the-scenes experience for the Winner and one (1) companion, valued at AU$2,500.00, including:
(a) one (1) guided Garage Tour (valued at AU$2,000.00); and
(b) one (1) guided Paddock Tour (valued at AU$500.00),
which will take place at a time or times to be determined by the prize issuer.
13. The draw will take place at AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX CORPORATION (ABN 86 947 927 465) - Level 5, 616 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004 ("AGPC") at 9:00am AEDT on 25 February 2019 (the "Draw Date"). The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
14. On the Draw Date, the winner will be randomly drawn from all entries received during the Promotion Period. The first valid entry drawn will win the Prize.
15. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The winner will be notified in writing within one (1) calendar day of the Draw Date. The winner must contact the Promoter within seven (7) calendar days of the day that the notification was issued by the Promoter, and follow the instructions set out in the notification. The winner must confirm whether he or she accepts the Prize within seven (7) calendar days of being notified that he or she is a winner, or else he or she will be taken to have forfeited his or her right to the Prize.
17. The winner's name will be published online at https://www.grandprix.com.au from 25 February 2019 and will remain published for a minimum of 28 days.
18. The Promotor will make all reasonable attempts to identify and contact the winner.
19. In the event that the Prize winner cannot be identified or contacted by 8:59am AEDT on 6 March 2019, despite all reasonable attempts to do so by the Promoter, or a Prize is unclaimed by that time for any other reason whatsoever (including because a winner has forfeited his or her right to a Prize, a winner or the winning entry does not comply with these Terms and Conditions, or otherwise), the Promoter will conduct a second chance draw on 6 March 2019 ("Second Draw Date"), at the same time and location as the first draw in order to determine a second chance winner for the Prize in the same manner as the original prize draw (subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority).
20. Any second chance winner will be notified in writing within one (1) calendar day from the Second Draw Date, as relevant. Second chance winners must contact the Promoter within five (5) calendar days of the day that the notification was issued by the Promoter, and follow the instructions set out in the notification. The second chance winner must confirm whether he or she accepts the Prize within five (5) calendar days of being notified that he or she a second chance winner, or else he or she will be taken to have forfeited his or her right to the Prize.
21. The name of any second chance winner will be published online at https://www.grandprix.com.au from 6 March 2019 and will remain published for a minimum of 28 days.
22. The Promotor will make all reasonable attempts to identify and contact the second chance winner.
23. In the event that the second chance prize winner cannot be identified or contacted by 11:59pm AEDT on 12 March 2019 despite all reasonable attempts to do so by the Promoter, or the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unclaimed by that time for any other reason whatsoever (including because the second chance winner has forfeited his or her right to the Prize, the second chance winner or the second chance winning entry does not comply with these Terms and Conditions, or otherwise), the Promoter may dispose of the Prize (or that part of the Prize) as it sees fit (subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority).
24. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
25. The Prize is subject to the event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restriction. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner (and/or his/her companion/s, if applicable) for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize. The winner (and any companion) will be responsible for their own transport to and from the event venue and any costs associated.
26. Any costs associated with entering this promotion or claiming the Prize are the responsibility of the entrant and under no circumstances whatsoever may a claim be brought against the Promoter for any such costs (whether as damages, loss, expense or otherwise).
27. The Prize, or any unused portion of the Prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified. All taxes that may be payable as a consequence of receiving the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
28. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promoter will not provide any substitute for the Prize if the Formula 1® Rolex Australian Grand Prix 2019 (or part thereof) is cancelled, suspended, delayed or postponed, or if the winner is not able to, fails to, or is unwilling to travel to the relevant destination for any reason not due to the fault of the Promoter (including without limitation any travel ban or health/travel warnings). All travel is at the winner’s and his/her travel companion's own risk.
29. The Prize cannot be resold (at a premium or otherwise) or advertised or offered for resale on the Internet or any other medium.
30. The winner of the Prize must immediately provide a copy of these Terms and Conditions to his or her chosen companion. By agreeing to participate in the Prize, each companion agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions in the same manner, and to the same extent, as the winner.
31. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
32. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
33. Any costs associated with accessing the competition website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
34. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
35. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
36. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking/use of and/or participation in a prize.
37. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) will not be responsible for any acts of God, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared), state of emergency, disaster, technical failures, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, computer viruses or other events beyond the control of the Promoter which affect the proper conduct or administration of this promotion, or prevent the awarding of a Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. If such event occurs, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
38. As a condition of participating in the promotion, all entrants (whether or not a winner) will indemnify the Promoter, all organisers, sponsors and all other persons and organisations associated in any way with this promotion and its affiliates against all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including costs on a solicitor-client basis) which the Promoter and its affiliates may incur arising out of their participation in the Promotion or (if applicable) the Prize, by the entrant, any breach of these Terms and Conditions, or any wrongful or illegal act or omission in the promotion and/or course of participating in the Prize, howsoever caused.
40. The laws of New South Wales, Australia apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
41. The promoter is Visa AP (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 20 134 885 564) Level 39, International Tower 2, 200 Barangaroo Avenue, NSW 2000, telephone (02) 9253 8864 (“Promoter”).
NSW Permit No. LTPM/18/03895
FOR THE NSW LOTTERY DEPARTMENT’S REFERENCE ONLY:
First potential commencement date: 30/11/2018
Last potential closing date: 29/08/2019
Last potential draw date: 29/08/2019
Last potential publication date: 29/08/2019
Last potential unclaimed prize draw date: 29/11/2019
Last potential unclaimed prize publication date: 29/11/2019
• The total prize pool is capped at $100,000
• No prohibited prizes will be given away
• No single promotion will exceed $3,000 in total prize pool value